Shipping & Ship Finance
Al Alawi’s shipping team has a long and enviable reputation for dealing with all aspects of both contentious and non-contentious shipping-related work. We advise in a wide range of coverage disputes and in subrogated recovery actions.
We combine long experience in ‘dry’ and ‘wet’ shipping law and have extensive contacts in the shipping industries, enabling us to reach out to suitable technical experts with a network of international maritime law firms, and to advise on choice of arbitrator.
Our lawyers specialize in providing advice and support to clients on:
- Ship building contracts
- Ship management Agreements
- Issues arising from corporate structures and shareholdings
- Joint ventures, agency and distribution agreements
- Port infrastructure, re-organization and funding
- Regulatory issues
- Ship purchase or sale
- Advice on vessels' insurances
- Charter parties
Our shipping team also has a dedicated ship finance group which deals with transactional work including but not limited to syndicated debt financing transactions as well as ship sale and purchase.