Infrastructures and Projects
We at Al Alawi & Co have considerable experience in advising on restructuring of state stakes, setting up of legal and regulatory frameworks and eventual privatizations by way of sale to strategic partners, concessions, and asset purchase and share acquisition. We have the capacity to advise procuring entities on preparation of tender documents as well as the conduct of evaluation leading to the award of tenders. This trend is evenly matched by changes in legislation and regulatory requirements, which prioritize the value of sophisticated legal counsel that enables businesses to gain a competitive edge.
Increased demand for energy is resulting in substantial investments in overhaul of existing facilities, expansion of production and transportation capacities, and new project development in Oman. Our Infrastructure and Projects Team provides counsel and guides clients through the rapidly evolving network of regulatory, legislative and industry-specific rules & regulations. Our multidisciplinary approach to every matter assures our clients are always one step ahead of regulatory requirements and competition. We collaborate with regulatory, corporate and financial experts to provide unique solutions in matters including privatization, regulatory compliance, due diligence investigation.
Our lawyers specialize in providing advice and support to clients on:
- Privatization - We have considerable experience in advising on restructuring of state stakes, setting up of legal and regulatory frameworks and eventual privatizations by way of sale to strategic partners, concessions, and asset purchase and share acquisition.
We have the capacity to advise procuring entities on preparation of tender documents as well as the conduct of evaluation leading to the award of tenders.
- Oil & Gas - Al Alawi & Co advises on the legal aspects of the entire process, from exploration through production to distribution. More particularly, we advise on:
- Upstream: all contractual and fiscal aspects including production sharing contracts joint venture agreements, joint operating agreements , asset sale and purchase financings, farm-ins, farm-outs, drilling and development contracts and short and long term gas, LPG and crude sales.
- Midstream: with particular expertise in pipelines, gas and oil product allocation, storage and shipping.
- Downstream (including Petrochemicals): project development, acquisitions (including privatizations), disposals, joint ventures, asset swaps, portfolio upgrades.
- Energy & Environment - The power industry faces continual change and challenge which is both environmental and demand driven. We advise on all technologies, from coal and gas-fired thermal plants to hydroelectric and renewable projects. Power transactions including joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, privatizations, finance and project finance, regulatory, confidentiality, commercial/corporate, environmental, fuel supply, operation and maintenance.
Al Alawi & Co also advises on a range of trade agreements as well as supply transmission and connection arrangement, review and develop standard supply and network agreements, negotiate and adjust energy supply contracts, regulatory, court proceedings related to third-party access and network fees, power purchase agreements, arbitrations and other dispute resolution procedures in relation to energy-related contracts.