Telecommunication and Technology
Al Alawi & Co is the pre-eminent Telecommunication, Media and Technology (TMT) law firm in Oman. IT & Telecommunications is considered one of the areas of specialization and the firm is highly reputed and experienced in this area.
We advise and represent companies from the IT sectors on:
- Regulatory issues relating to provision of telecommunications infrastructure services
- E-business advice and contracts
- Complex technology licensing
- Outsourcing transactional and advisory services
- Privacy/data protection, information security and record retention as well as industry-specific and public company requirements
- Intellectual property rights in media content, software, hardware, database and other technologies.
- Issues relating to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Network security, data protection, authentication, integrity and confidentiality
- Anti-counterfeiting operations
We work in the most innovative areas of technology. Our team has acted in various projects relating to biotechnology, mobility and fin-tech. We also represent clients in areas of emerging technology, such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotics and automation. In addition, the team provides support and mentoring to local entrepreneurs and start-ups that operate in these areas.
The areas of privacy and cybersecurity have grown exponentially in recent years. Our litigators work hand-in-hand with our TMT team to ensure that we deliver tailor-made advisory and unmatched representation to our clients. We also draw on the experience of our lawyers who were previously employed by government bodies.